Construction of the ESB headquarters on Fitzwilliam St, Dublin 2, commenced in June 2017.
The new 45,000 sqm development is set to become the most energy-efficient and sustainable commercial office development in Dublin, aiming for near-zero energy consumption.
As the original headquarters was highly inefficient and costly to run, ESB felt it did not reflect the innovation and sustainability ethos of the energy provider.
In respect to the beautiful Georgian landscape, the retention and refurbishment of a number of protected structures are planned along with the construction of the new seven-story building.
Electricity Supply Board (ESB) was established in 1927 as a statutory corporation in the Republic of Ireland under the Electricity (Supply) Act 1927.
With a holding of 95%, ESB is majority-owned by the Irish Government with the remaining 5% held by the trustees of an Employee Share Ownership Plan.
As a strong, diversified, vertically integrated utility, ESB operates right across the electricity market: from generation, through transmission and distribution to supply.
In addition, ESB extracts further value at certain points along this chain: supplying gas, using our networks to carry fibre for telecommunications, developing electric vehicle public charging infrastructure and more.
The new development will be more in line and respectful of the Georgian heritage in the area, and inspire more efficient and sustainable design in Dublin going forward.
Swipe Left and Right to view the construction progress from Aug 2017 to Sept 2020